Terms & Conditions
- Contract The contract entered into is between the owners of the holiday accommodation
hereinafter referred to as “The owners” and the holiday maker hereinafter referred to as
“The hirer”. The contract is not effective until the required payment has been received and
confirmation has been sent to the hirer.
- Payment For reservations made more than 6 weeks before the holiday start date this is
a deposit of 1/4 of the rental cost. In the case of bookings made less than 6 weeks before
arrival full payment is due on booking.
- Balance Outstanding The full balance of the total holiday cost is payable to the owners
not later than 6 weeks before the arrival date and if not paid the owners reserve the right
to cancel the holiday booking, in which case the deposit will be forfeit.
- Cancellation All cancellations must be notified in writing immediately. If the cancellation
is prior to the payment of the outstanding balance then the deposit will be forfeit. If
the cancellation is after the payment of the outstanding balance then the balance will be
refunded to the hirer, if the property is successfully re-let.
- Booking alterations by the hirer Any alteration to a booking such as change in holiday
dates will be treated as a cancellation (see clause 4) unless otherwise agreed by the owners.
- Booking alterations by the owners If, for reasons beyond their control, the owners have
to cancel or alter arrangements made for the hirer, they will make every effort to offer an
alternative if appropriate. If the hirer does not accept the alternative offered, the owners
will return to the hirer any monies paid whereupon the owners liability will cease.
- Damage or Losses The hirer is responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order
and in a clean condition. The hirer further undertakes to pay for any damage or losses
incurred during occupation or any extra cleaning costs incurred. The owner reserves the
right to repossess the property if excessive damage has been caused by the hirer or a
member of the party.
- Numbers in party/Suitability The number of persons occupying a property must not
exceed the maximum number stated in the property description unless by prior arrangement.
The owners reserve the right to refuse any booking which, in their opinion, is unsuitable for
the property concerned.
- Occupancy Occupancy shall be from 3p.m. on the day of arrival to 10a.m. on the day of
departure, unless otherwise agreed by the owner.
- Pets Pets are not allowed in any of the properties.
- Cleaning All our properties are cleaned in between lets. However, please make sure that
you leave your accommodation in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your stay. Cleaning
materials are provided in every property for your use.
- Breakages and Damage Please report any breakages or damage which may occur during
your stay. Any broken or damaged items should be replaced or paid for as appropriate before
- Liability Whilst the owners make every effort to ensure that the brochure descriptions
are accurate, they cannot accept responsibility for any alterations made to the property or
its amenities which are beyond their control. Nor can it accept responsibility for any injury,
sickness, loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience, directly or indirectly caused
by or arising out of the use or condition of the property and its appliances, plumbing, gas,
electrical or otherwise or exceptional weather. Further, no responsibility is accepted for the
personal belongings, car and its contents of the hirer or any member of the party during the
- Complaints If the hirer considers that he has cause for complaint concerning the
property, the matter should be taken up with the owners immediately. No liability shall arise
beyond the refund of monies paid. In the event of any unresolved complaint regarding the
standard of the property, the owners reserve the right to refer the matter to the ETC for
arbitration. The owners will not entertain claims lodged by a client upon departure or after
return home when it is no longer possible to investigate the complaint effectively.